Most child stars often don’t establish themselves in Hollywood. This is because many of them burn out and after some time switch to another career or have not been able to successfully survive the transition period. However, few become successful and famous as adults and Kevin Zegers falls under this category, having carried his acting career from an early age into adulthood.
Zeger’s career began at the age of seven when he made his first film appearance. He continued to play more acting gigs from there until he landed the role of Alec Lightwood in The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, which would elevate his career and bring him international audiences.
Biography of Kevin Zegers
Zegers, born Kevin Joseph Zegers, is a successful model and actor, famous for his critically acclaimed roles in film and television productions. He is the son of Jim Zegers and Mary-Ellen Zegers and was born on September 18, 1984 in Woodstock, Ontario, Canada. His mother is a teacher and his father is a limestone farmer. Kevin, who is of Dutch descent, grew up alongside his two sisters, Katie Zegers and Krista Zegers. According to the records, both his maternal and paternal grandparents were born in the Netherlands.
Zegers attended St. Mary’s Catholic High School in Woodstock. Like most of his contemporaries, the actor grew up in the public eye, having started his career before the age of ten and playing his first role in James Lapine’s comedy-drama Life with Mikey (1993) as the younger version of Michael J. Fox’ Character. Kevin also has an early role in Air Bud and was invited to be a child model in a London fashion show at the age of eight.
Since transitioning smoothly into adult roles, he has achieved outstanding performances in film and television, including in Transamerica (2005), in which he portrayed the character Toby. During his years in the industry he has had significant and supporting roles in productions such as Fifty Dead Walk (2008) , Frozen (a 2010 horror film) , The Jane Austen Book Club (2007), Titanic: Blood and Steel (2012), The Mortal Instruments : City of Bones, Gossip Girl, Dawn of the Dead (2004), It’s a Boy and Girl Thing (2006) and many others.
Between 1998 and 2006, the Canadian actor was nominated seven times (two times) for multiple awards for participating in the production of such projects as Air Bud, Transamerica, Rose Hill, A Call to Memory, Air Bud: Golden Receiver and MVP: Most Valuable Primate He received his first award in 1998 at YoungArtist Award (Best Performance in a Feature Film: Leading Young Actor for Air Bud) and the second (Trophée Chopard – Male Revelation for Transamerica) in 2006 at the Cannes Film Festival.
Wife – Jaime Field
Jaime Feld is a talent agent, mother of two, and the beautiful wife of Kevin Zegers. She married the actor in August 2013 after dating him for around six years. The couple welcomed twin girls (Zoe Madison Zegers and Blake Everleigh Zegers) on August 17, 2015.
Aside from being known as Zeger’s wife and talent agent, further information about Feld’s personal life and family background is not readily available.
Everything you need to know about Kevin Zegers
1. Kevin is 1.78 meters tall.
2. The actor has been struggling with alcohol addiction for several years, but is doing his best to overcome it.
3. Zegers is not only an actor, but also an athlete. During his school years, he was a member of his school’s basketball and soccer teams. The piece is also an avid weightlifter and golfer. In February 2002, he was part of the team playing in the Hollywood Knights basketball team, which was held in California.
4. Kevin’s most valuable possession is his hockey gear.
5. Actor and Backstreet Boys Nick Carter are good friends. They became close after meeting on the set of the film, The Cave (2004). Shawn Ashmore, Lili Collins and Jamie Campbell are also his good friends. The last two starring him in the film, The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones (2013) and also attended his wedding.
6. Kevin Zegers has two dogs named Nugget and Walter.
7. The actor’s younger sister, Katie Zegers, gave birth to twins. Their names are Mallory and Chloe (born November 2004). The couple have three other siblings, Finley (born March 2013), Kobe (born 2011), and Brady (born 2006).