It’s not strange to see actors and actresses who enter the acting scene, dazzling film and television viewers with their perfect portrayal of characters, only to exit the industry when many of their fans are already excited about what the future holds for them ready. One of these once-acclaimed actors is Brandon Call, an American child actor who began his short-lived acting career in 1984. He was first seen in an episode of the film Simon & Simon after which he landed a few roles in films and TV series before the last time we saw him was in the TV series Step by Step (1998).
In this article, we will tell you everything we do know about the life of the former American actor, starting from his background, childhood, family members, career and what really became of his film career.
Brandon Call’s bio
In the year 1976, on November 17th,Brandon Call whose full name is Brandon Spencer Lee Call was born in Torrance, California. While growing up and being a kid, he started acting at the age of 2. He stuck to that and as he got older there was no doubt about the career path young Brandon would take.
Thus, in 1984, at the age of 8, Brandon made his acting debut in Simon & Simon, an American detective television series, appearing in the episode: Der Dillinger Druck . Following his good performance in that work, Call landed his second acting role that same year, Hotel , an ABC American prime time drama series, portraying the character of Timmie in the episode: Intimate Strangers . With these two works, the young Californian actor showed himself talented enough to take on more demanding roles in the acting industry.
1985 was a busy year for Brandon Call. He’s starred in everything from Slickers (as Scooter Clinton in the TV movie), I Dream of Jeannie…15 Years Later (as Tony, Jr), Santa Barbara (as Brandon Capwell until 1987), and Magnum, PI (as Billy Karen’s son in 3 episodes until 1988). He also made his film debut in The Black Cauldron as Fairfolk’s voice and Jagged Edge as the character of David Barnes.
His parents and siblings
Brandon Call was born to Richard Call and Elyse, one of the 4 children they had together. The actor has as his siblings: Dee Anne Call, Tandi Call and Dustin Call who are all older than him. There is not much information about his family life or the type of family he came from. However, what little information is available in this regard is that his parents own a gas station in San Diego, California.
Other Facts About American TV Actor, Brandon Call
1. Brandon Call is father of one. He has one daughter who was born in 1998 but is currently divorced from his daughter’s mother.
2. On September 3, 1996, following a traffic collision with Tommy Eugene Lewis, the former actor was shot in both arms while driving home from an episode of Step by Step.
3. After filming, the actor was treated at the UCLA Medical Center, where he made a full recovery. On the other hand, Tommy was arrested and convicted of attempted first degree murder with a 41-year sentence.
4. After retiring from acting, Brandon started working in his family’s gas station business.
5. Brandon Call stands at a height of 5 feet 10 inches or 1.55 m.