Following in the footsteps of compatriots such as Henry Cavil, Tom Hardy and Robert Pattinson, Alex Pettyfer is a Brit who began his career as a model before pursuing acting in his home country and across the pond in the United States. Known for his roles in films such as Stormbreaker, I Am Number Four , and Magic Mike , the 2011 Teen Choice Awards Breakout Male winner added Director and Film Producer to his titles. Read on to learn more about his career and other facts.
Alex Pettyfer’s biography
Alex Pettyfer was born Alexander Richard Pettyfer on 10 April 1990 to Lee Robinson and Richard Pettyfer in Stevenage, Hertfordshire but was raised in Esher and then Windsor, Berkshire.
From a young age, thanks to the influence and support of his mother, he began working as a model. At the age of 6 he appeared in his first commercial. After a chance meeting with designer Ralph Lauren in a toy store in New York, he began modeling for Gap at the age of 7.
Alex Pettyfer attended Mall School in Twickenham and then Lambrook Haileybury School in Winkfield, Berkshire. Following the pattern of models making the transition to acting, he became involved in the actor’s profession as a student : Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Jack and the Beanstalk , and The Adventures of Robin Hood . After spending time at Millfield School, he transferred to Shiplake College, where he spent some time before attending the independent Sylvia Young Theater School.
Movies and TV Shows
In 2005, at the age of 15, Alex Pettyfer gave more attention to his acting career when he made his professional acting debut in the production of Tom Brown’s School Days , where he played the lead character. He received rave reviews for his performance on the show and was offered new roles. Of all the offers he had, one was in the film Eragon The one that caught his attention was that of teenage MI6 agent Alex Rider in the film Stormbreaker .
As with his previous appearance on screen, Pettyfer put in a decent performance in the film and established himself as a serious actor. His next role was as actress Emma Roberts in Wild Child (2008), where he played the role of Freddie Kingsley. After appearing in the horror comedy show Tortured (2009), he appeared in the romantic fantasy film alongside Mary-Kate Olsen and Neil Patrick Harris. Animal (2011). In the same year he played the lead character in I Am Number Four (2011) , produced by Micheal Bay and Steven Spielberg.
The following year, Alex Pettyfer played a 19-year-old named Adam in the comedy-drama film, Magic Mike (2012). He followed that appearance with roles in The Butler (2013) as Thomas Westfall, Love Without End (2014), Elvis & Nixon (2016) and The Strange Ones (2017) as Nick.
Personal information about Alex Pettyfer
1. Alex Pettyfer’s parents are actors who are said to have met in London’s West End. Some of the plays they have appeared in together include West Side Story, Cats , and Miss Saigon .
2. He has a younger half-brother named James Ireland from his mother’s marriage to retired contractor and property developer Michael J. Ireland. James is a professional tennis player.
3. Pettyfer is afraid of flying. Because of this, he decided to have a role in the film Stormbreaker instead of Eragon as that one was going to be shot in Hungary while the former was going to be shot in the Isle of Man in the UK.
4. After founding his own production company Upturn Productions in 2015, Alex made his directorial debut. He did that with the film Back Streets where he played the lead role of Haley Altmyer .
6. Alex Pettyfer stands at a height of 181 cm and weighs about 79 kg. The actor has an athletic body, two green eyes and blonde hair.